During my time at Digital Glue, I was given a whole new experience and perspective of the working environment. I have really appreciated the kindness of the office, as the team invited me to be involved in many tasks and expanded my knowledge of business and marketing.
My time at Digital Glue has made me, as a young person, more eager about starting my career in the future. My business mind-set has progressed as I have learnt further about things that I was really sure about at first such as PR, Marketing etc. These will definitely aid me in the future, especially if I want to get into promoting my own business one day. Over time I felt even more comfortable at the office, despite being a quiet and shy person.
I have been given the chance to promote Digital Glue on Twitter, showcasing everything that the company does. In the short period I have had here, I’ve been taught to use a software called Hootsuite for social media scheduling which I really enjoyed using and adjusting to. The most challenging task that was when I was had to use Excel (which I have never really used before), when organising a timetable and a table for an upcoming event that Digital Glue is hosting.
Despite struggling with Excel, I enjoyed researching venues and creating a couple posters for that same event.
I have really enjoyed my work experience at Digital Glue as they have granted me the chance to branch out my mindset and look to the future. To round off, here are a few marketing facts that I found, from Hubspot, avalanche, and enterprise.com): during my research and thought were very interesting!
- 48% of emails are opened on a smartphone and 41% on an iphone.
- 66% of unsubscribes happen between 5pm and 10pm
- Snapchat has over 150 million daily active users, and 52% of Snapchat users are under the age of 25
- 23% of adults on the internet use Twitter, and 72% of adult internet users use Facebook.
- Youtube has 1 billion users worldwide!
- LinkedIn is the most commonly used platform for content marketing purposes, coming in at 94% using it for their content
- Blog content is getting longer and visual – the average Blog post is up 19
- 53% of marketers say Blog creation is their top marketing priority.