If you’re a regular user of LinkedIn, it’s highly likely that you’d have heard of LinkedIn Newsletters already, however, what are they and how do you create one? In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of creating a LinkedIn Newsletter and look into the benefits they might have for your business.
What is a LinkedIn Newsletter?
In July 2022, LinkedIn launched a new feature, aptly named LinkedIn Newsletter. They are a quick and effective way to share news with your business followers and the wider LinkedIn audience.
When you first set up your newsletter, you’ll have the opportunity to automatically invite your page followers, which makes things easier for digital marketers who are seeking new and creative ways to reach and engage with their target audience.
As a LinkedIn user, you’ll have the opportunity to join, read and share newsletters from the businesses, topics and industries that you’re most interested in.
So, how do you set up a LinkedIn Newsletter?
If you’re familiar with navigating LinkedIn, you’ll probably have seen the option before, however, if you haven’t, it is really easy to find.
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Navigate to your business page.
- Locate and click the “Write article” option, as highlighted in the image below.
- In the article creation pane, locate and click the “Create a newsletter” button.
- Enter a title for your newsletter, for example, Digital Glue Newsletter is what chose.
- From the dropdown, select an option for how often you’d like to publish a new newsletter.
- Enter a description for your newsletter. Be specific, think about why users should join your newsletter, and highlight the features and benefits.
- Upload a logo file for your newsletter. The required dimensions for this are 300 x 300 pixels.
- Once you are happy, click “Done”.
- You will now be able to create your first LinkedIn Newsletter.
Write a compelling title, add a banner image, main text, images, links and more. Be as creative as you want, and remember to think about your audience and what they need help with.
- Once you have written and reviewed your newsletter, you can click “Publish”.
- You will now see a window where you can create a post to promote your latest newsletter.
Make sure you include clear calls to action and popular hashtags for your industry, topic and audience. This will help increase the reach of your post and also help to grow your LinkedIn Newsletter subscribers.
If you need more help or support setting up and publishing a LinkedIn Newsletter for your business, please get in touch with Scott or Tony at Digital Glue. You can also refer to LinkedIn’s Help Centre page.