At the end of every year we look at what we want to achieve, both personally and professionally in the year ahead – and see how we did with our goals we set in the previous year. As the team has now doubled in size, we decided to do a bumper edition and split the posts in two. You can read part one of the blog here.
Next up, the newest additions to Digital Glue, our six new starters who joined in 2018.
Dave joined us in early 2018 as our PR pro, following a career in journalism and PR. 2018 was a good year for Dave, achieving around 100 pieces of regional and national coverage for our client, Midven. He now likes to think of himself as the best friend of every regional journalist in the area and a known name in the inbox of a variety of Midlands titles. On a personal level, he ran his first 10K and continued to see a host of rappers, and live a hip-hop lifestyle… in Quinton. 8.5
Dave’s 2019 goals are:
- Personal: Successfully get married, casually enjoy just the two honeymoons, continue more music and blog writing on the side, and invite Jay-Z for dinner.
- Work: Continue to develop both my management and communication skills and become Digital Glue’s first PR Account Manager from the Black Country.
Carmen joined the team in June 2018, helping Claire with our finance and accounts, and has been keeping us all in check since. Along with chasing outstanding invoices and teaching us Spanish, she got to fulfil her promise to her son and fly on the Airbus A380, or in his words, “on that plane, upstairs”. 7.0
Carmen’s 2019 goals are:
- Personal: To get my husband to work fewer hours and spend more time with our family.
- Work: I started a qualification for the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) before I got married… and then came children, so I never got to finish it. This year I want to complete it.
Anne joined our web and design team in June, surprising us every week with a different colourful hairstyle. In 2018, Anne moved over to the Black Country settling in Wolverhampton to be closer to her boyfriend, James. Along with her move, she found a job she really enjoys, and has been able to spend more time with her family back in the Netherlands. 7.0
Anne’s 2019 goals are:
- Personal: Buy a house, move in with my partner, and adopt our first doggy.
- Work: Become a php wizard with a dash of animation magic. To create animation videos, and add online animation on websites.
Having worked client-side for the whole of her marketing career, Aneela decided to make the move to a marketing agency and be surrounded by like-minded, creative marketers. Fast forward to summer 2018 – Aneela joined our team as Marketing Manager, and hasn’t looked back since. On a personal level, in 2018, Aneela also squeezed in a wonderful, cultural, food-filled time in Barcelona, Lake Como, and Milan, as well as seeing Harry Potter and The Cursed Child in London. 8.5
Aneela’s 2019 goals are:
- Personal: Finally go on my dream holiday – an African safari to see the big 5, rhinos, and elephants in their own environment. Also overload on horror and go to FrightFest in London.
- Work Goal: Build DG’s credibility and ensure the company wins 2 awards. Develop and bring to market a new service for Digital Glue.
Anika joined our Comms team in October as a Communications Executive. Moving out of the big city, London, to the better city, Birmingham, Anika got her ideal job with us at Digital Glue. Also, on another note, being able to drink the DG team as a collective, under the table. Although we’re not sure that’s an achievement, just stating a fact. Anika gets a 10 for moving to Birmingham, but points are deducted for not really giving us anything else specific. 6.5
Anika’s 2019 goals are:
- Personal: Drink less… well definitely that’s definitely not true. Eating healthier, having more fulfilling lunches in a new fancy lunch box (she’s committed to not having sweets for lunch at least, which is a good start).
- Work goal: Go viral in a social media campaign for a client.
Antonios, or as we call him, Tony, joined us at the end of 2018 as our Digital Marketing Specialist and has been wowing us with his knowledge of Google Ads, analytics and SEO since. 2018 was a big year for Tony – he left his homeland, Greece and moved to the UK to get a job more suited to his digital marketing skills. 8.0
Tony’s 2019 goals are:
- Personal: Do more travelling and get ripped (we’re expecting to see before and after photos!).
- Work: Focus on developing our digital marketing service, bring in more clients, and provide an excellent customer experience.